This park is located at the top of a famous West Taicheng Town mountain known as Mount Ta or Mount Pagoda. The mountain was given this name because of a famous tower/pagoda built on top of this mountain during the Ming Dynasty in 1613. This pagoda, known as Lingyun Tower, is 48 meters tall and 9 stories high. Because of its prominence, a park was built around this pagoda in 1925. This park was originally named as Zhongshan Park. However, in 1958, the Taishan government made some important repairwork on the pagoda. Thus, the park was renamed as Revolutionary Martyrs Park.